One of the effective methods of protection against unwanted pregnancy is emergency contraception. Benefits - in the effectiveness of the drugs taken, and the disadvantages - in the impact on the natural hormones of women. For this reason, emergency contraception can be used no more than once every six months, less often - better. One of the popular drugs is Genale. In excellent pharmacological dosages, it can be used as a means to prevent pregnancy, and to interrupt it at different times. How does the drug, and what will be the monthly after wife?
1 pharmachologic effect
- 1.1 How pregnancy is prevented
- 2 Contraindications
3 Effect on the menstrual cycle
- 3.1 In the first phase of the cycle
- 3.2 In the second phase of the cycle
- 3.3 If at the time of ovulation
The woman has synthetic antigestagen - mifepristone in a dosage of 10 mg. The active ingredient has some glucocorticosteroid activity, as a result, the drug has special indications and properties that are not typical for emergency contraception.
When entering the gastrointestinal tract, after 1–2 hours it reaches its maximum values in the blood and begins to act. The medication is withdrawn slowly, so when using it during lactation, it is necessary to stop breastfeeding for a period of up to 14 days. It is the long-term presence in the body that determines the period of use of the drug - up to 72 hours. While for escaped and postinor, for example, the interval is many times smaller.
How pregnancy is prevented
Genale operates on several levels. The predominant influence of one or another method depends on the day of the cycle on which the drug was taken. It looks like this in detail:
- In the case when the tool was used before the onset of ovulation, then the hormonal changes the woman so that its onset is postponed. Accordingly, the spermatozoa penetrated into the uterus, will not be able to fertilize the egg, as it will be still in the follicle. That is why the wife and the delay of menstruation is a frequent situation, and there is no need to worry.
- When the drug is used after ovulation, it promotes the rejection of the ovum. This is due to the fact that the woman stimulates the production of interleukin-8, which contributes to the destruction of the decidual membrane. And it is very important because it plays a role in attaching the fetal egg to the wall of the uterus. Also, interleukin-8 increases the sensitivity of myometrium to prostaglandins. And they cause rhythmic contractions of the uterus. All this contributes to the removal of the ovum and prevents pregnancy.
- If the drug is used at the time of ovulation, then, in addition to the above effects, it contributes to the atrophy of the endometrium in this cycle. This leads to the fact that the fertilized egg can not attach to the wall, he, figuratively speaking, nothing to resist.
It is necessary to take one tablet of 10 mg 2 hours before meals or the same time after. Increasing the dosage should not be without a doctor's prescription, since this tool can cause adrenal insufficiency, which can lead to a threat to the life of a woman.
Genale is a hormonal drug with glucocorticosteroid activity. Based on this, restrictions for the use of medication will be built.
It should also be noted that the effectiveness of the wife depends on the constitution of the woman. With overweight and obesity, the effectiveness of the drug is reduced: the more extra pounds, the greater the likelihood of an unsuccessful attempt.
Since the wife acts on receptors in tissues like glucocorticosteroid hormones, it cannot be used after a course of treatment with drugs of this group.
Also not recommended during lactation. Using Zhenale during pregnancy can provoke a threat of miscarriage, and in the early stages - malformations in the fetus. Mifepreston, only at a higher dosage, is used to interrupt late periods and to activate labor.
Reception in the following situations is also not desirable:
- in case of hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- in the pathology of the kidneys and adrenal glands, especially in their failure;
- with a decrease in hemoglobin of unspecified etiology;
- in the presence of porphyria;
- with increased blood clotting;
- with decompensation of extragenital pathology.
After taking the drug, it causes menses, during which time it is recommended to refrain from taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin, ketones and others.
We recommend to read the article about menstruation after postinor. From it you will learn about the rules of taking the drug and the recommendations, the effect of the postiner on the work of the female reproductive system, the possible causes of the delay.
Effect on the menstrual cycle
Since the wife is a hormonal drug, it often causes irregular menstruation in a woman. However, in comparison with other similar means, the likelihood of such disorders is lower.
Like other emergency contraceptives, this drug increases the risk of developing an ectopic pregnancy. That is why many people are interested in the question of when they will begin their monthly periods after the wife’s wary in time to suspect pathology.
The drug has a multifaceted effect, which is why the failure will depend on what phase of the cycle the medicine was taken.
In the first phase of the cycle
Since the woman slows down ovulation in this case, there is often a delay. Its duration is approximately equal to the number of days of the cycle that have already passed. If the drug was taken within 1 to 7 days, i.e. practically during menstruation, there may be no delay next month. Sometimes there are failures up to 14 - 20 days, but over 10 days requires the supervision of a physician.
In the second phase of the cycle
A woman who was accepted into the second phase of the cycle may not lead to any violations. But he also often causes various spottings of bloody character and even menstruation ahead of time. In this case, the new cycle should be counted from the first day of heavy menstruation.
If at the time of ovulation
If the wife is accepted at the time of the alleged ovulation, then it most often leads to delays of a different nature.
In any case, if the cycle is extended, a pregnancy test should be performed to ensure that the conception has not occurred. If the opposite is confirmed, it is better to take other ways to interrupt, since the woman may even have a teratogenic effect.
If the girl took the wife and went monthly, you should watch their character. After taking this emergency contraceptive, possible periodic spotting prior to the onset of normal menses. In the case when they are accompanied by pain in the abdomen, a violation of general well-being, ectopic pregnancy should be excluded.
Genale is a drug of emergency contraception, the effective action of which is observed within 72 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse. To a lesser extent, in comparison with analogues, but when taking this emergency contraceptive device, there may be failures in the menstrual cycle. The main thing is to treat them in time and correctly, since the wife increases the risk of ectopic pregnancy and adversely affects the state of the embryo in case the conception failed to prevent.