The ovaries are an important part of the female reproductive system. But the majority could not indicate where they are if these paired organs periodically did not make themselves known. Ovaries after menstruation, during this process and in front of it sometimes remind of themselves with unusual sensations. What they are connected with, of course, should be understood, because it can be a sign of illness.
- 1 A little more about the ovaries
2 Where does the pain come from
- 2.1 Sensations during and after ovulation: normal
- 2.2 Apoplexy
- 2.3 Cyst
3 Ovaries in the menstrual period: what does a woman feel
- 3.1 Inflammatory diseases
4 Ovaries after critical days
- 4.1 Why does it hurt more often on the left?
A little more about the ovaries
The ovary itself consists of connective fibers, intertwined with vessels, and clusters of follicles covered with connective tissue. The average size of each of them is 8 cubic centimeters, may vary in different periods of the cycle. For example, the ovaries before menstruation increase.
These organs are located along the lateral parts of the pelvis, connected to the fallopian tubes and fixed with ligaments penetrated by nerves and vessels. This is where the pain comes from, not related to any ailments. Organs change the whole life of a woman, starting from the prenatal period. Their development has two directions: regular cyclical and irreversible. The first occurs from the beginning of each menstruation to the last day before the next. The second is determined by the functions of the ovaries - the release of the follicle and the formation of an egg from it. Organs are their repository, as well as producers of hormones - estrogen, progestin and a certain amount of androgens. The number of follicles in a 10-week embryo reaches a million. From this date, it decreases, and by about 45 years not one is left.
Where does the pain come from
Those who feel unusual in the lateral parts of the abdomen, are worried whether the ovaries can hurt before menstruation. Symptoms of malaise can be natural in nature, which is determined by more than one reason. But in this case, the pain should not be strong and long. Give feel like pulling the ovaries before menstruation, is capable of stress, physical effort that does not match the capabilities of the woman. It should be borne in mind that the bodies are not fixed on the spot tightly. They are attached to the uterus by ligaments, near which there are nerve endings. Therefore, the ovaries can change position, and if this happens abruptly, it responds with a slight pain.
Sensations during and after ovulation: normal
Menstruation comes if conception did not occur. The ovum degrades, breaks into pieces, one of which is called the yellow body. This is a small group of progesterone producing cells. It is intended for the next cycle. And if the hormone is developed little, the endometrium begins to partially separate. And the woman feels that she has a sore ovary a week before the month.
It is possible to determine this reason by the following features:
- The sensation arises in the organs alternately;
- The pain is accompanied by smearing discharge from the genital tract.
This circumstance does not endanger the health. It may occur in the earlier period of the cycle - in its middle. These sensations are called ovulatory syndrome, as they are directly related to the process of release of the egg from the shell. If the ovaries are sick long before the menstrual period, that is, on the 14th-16th day of the menstrual period, perhaps this is it. The genital cell at the exit from the shell slightly damages the organ. When the micro fracture occurs, the vessels are injured, and blood from them enters the abdominal cavity.
This reason can also be calculated by the accompanying features:
- The time in which everything happens;
- Minor daub from the vagina;
- Duration of sensations from ten minutes to several hours;
- The nature of the pain syndrome. Feels dull, slack, a woman may feel like a stab of an ovary before menstruation;
- Localization of pain on one side only. The left organ will pull if the genital cell has come out of it. When its maturation occurred in the right, the pain is felt from there.
There are more serious reasons why ovaries hurt before menstruation. At about the same time, that is, a few days before the critical event, such a phenomenon as ovarian apoplexy may occur. This is a more severe damage to the vessels in it, which occurs during their expansion, heavy physical exertion, after inflammation. Blood from a ruptured vessel enters the connective tissue of the organ and the abdominal cavity. Because of the anatomical features, this often happens in the right organ that feeds the large artery.
Signs of apoplexy are:
- Sharp pain in the ovary before menstruation with the return of sensations in the rectum, groin area, lower back;
- Pale skin;
- Great weakness, chills;
- Nausea and vomiting.
Sometimes pain syndrome is the only manifestation of damage. If it lasts more than half a day, increases, temperature is added to it, it is impossible to expect that everything will pass by itself. Need urgent help.
A benign neoplasm can grow on any of the paired organs. But the manifestations of cysts on the left ovary are always especially noticeable. It is formed due to thickening of the membrane and difficulty in the release of the egg. Then the left ovary before the monthly begins to ache. The feeling is complemented by other signs:
- Slight bleeding in the middle of the menstrual period;
- False urge to urinate;
- Unpleasant sensations after sex and physical labor;
- Recurring sharp pain in the lower abdomen;
- Cycle failure.
A cyst requires monitoring the state by a gynecologist, treatment, and in some cases removal.
Ovaries in the menstrual period: what does a woman feel
If ovaries hurt during menstruation, the causes of this are pathological. It is possible to distinguish real sensations and seeming ones by several criteria:
- Features of pain;
- Frequency of sensation;
- Duration of pain.
Pain in the ovaries becomes especially noticeable with inflammation in them and surrounding tissues. It may arise from colds, sexually transmitted infections or undertreated process in adjacent organs. With menstruation, the ovaries naturally increase. This makes them more sensitive.
The reasons why the ovaries hurt during menstruation are divided as follows:
- Oophoritis. This inflammation is directly in the tissues of the organs or one of them. It occurs due to a bacterial infection and often affects the left ovary. The pain rolls up attacks, it is joined by increased irritability, weakness;
- Cyst. Any of all types of neoplasms can exist for a long time without manifestation. But with menstruation, the ovary, in which the cyst has settled, begins to hurt;
- Adnexitis. Pain in the ovary during menstruation is all the more likely to occur if inflammation affected not only him, but also appendages. In most cases, the culprits of this kind of inflammation are chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma;
- Polycystic. Many small formations dot the surface and other tissues of the organ, making it bulky and heavy, interfering with the functioning;
- Hormonal disbalance. It is caused by ovarian hyperfunction or drugs that should stimulate their activity. Organs increase, their connective tissue swells. These manifestations are especially strong on critical days, which is why the ovaries hurt during menstruation;
- Malignant tumor. To a certain extent of her development, she can "be silent." But with increasing pressure on other organs provokes heavy feelings.
Soreness in the area of the ovaries may not occur suddenly, but start earlier than menarche, if the girl is incorrectly developed or the genitals are located. The pressure they experience, which normally should not be, is not without discomfort.
Ovaries after critical days
At the end of menstruation hormonal background stabilizes. And it would seem that well-being should also improve, especially in the reproductive organs. But these days can be a trigger for diseases that are still dormant. And a woman has to wonder why her ovaries after menstruation hurt, because she had already tuned in that the discomfort ended before the next cycle.
The natural reasons for this have already been mentioned - ovulation in the middle of the period sometimes does not go unnoticed. But there are more serious circumstances that can not be overcome by waiting:
- Violation of the position of organs. In adult women, it occurs in the treatment of infertility, when hormonal drugs are prescribed. They are designed to stimulate the ovaries to more active work. Organs significantly increase in size, become heavier. The ligaments with which they are attached to the uterus stretch, causing pain. Fallopian tubes have an increased load, which also does not go asymptomatically - the ovaries hurt after menstruation;
- Psychological problems. Hormonal accompaniment of menstruation provokes hysteria, depression, irritability in women. Life circumstances can lead to the fact that emotions do not let go even at the end of critical days. A depressive state can cause a feeling of being pulled by the ovaries after menstruation. In this case, it is necessary to restore the status quo by treating the root cause, that is, severe stress;
- Endometriosis. With this disease, endometrial tissue may also be in the ovary, where, after menstruation, they begin to thicken again. This provokes an increase in pressure inside the body and on it, which responds with pain;
- Peritonitis. The inflammatory process in the abdominal cavity is manifested by increasing pain with time. Its occurrence after menstruation is due to the already existing ovarian diseases, which became more acute on critical days. This may be a rupture of a cyst, or hemorrhage in the organ itself. When the ovary hurts after menstruation, you should think about a possible torsion of the lesion of the neoplasm, which can also provoke peritonitis or tissue death;
- Ectopic pregnancy. No matter how ridiculous it may sound, a fertilized egg caught in the fallopian tube can cause discharge, similar to menstruation. Naturally, they will be more scarce. And since the embryo at this point will be two weeks old, and every day it becomes larger, its presence will cause pain in the area of the appendages. A woman may feel guilty of an ovary.
Why does it hurt more often on the left?
Pain after menstruation can be caused by the diseases already mentioned here. But even when they affect both organs, sensations are often localized on the left side. This is due to anatomical reasons. In this quarter of the abdominal cavity are part of the intestine and urinary system. So if after menstruation, the left ovary hurts, it can be a sign:
The ovaries, which do not give rest after menstruation and in other periods of the cycle, are certainly not healthy. Some of the ailments associated with them can become life-threatening by causing sepsis or the appearance of malignant cells. A part in the absence of therapy turns into a chronic condition, threatening with periodic pain and infertility. In many cases, problems with the ovaries are a continuation of the ailments of other reproductive organs that are not immediately cured. Meanwhile, timely access to a doctor can quickly relieve from suffering. Therefore, it is not necessary to fight only with pain, and alone. She will leave with the illness itself with the right professional treatment.