Menopause, despite the similarity of the processes in all women, shows itself in different ways. Some adapt to all changes quickly and easily. Another, in the morning to get up and live on, you have to take medication regularly. But the tides during menopause for women from 45 years become a nightmare. The intensity of this symptom of menopause is also different, but it does not remain completely unnoticed.
1 About the concept of "tides"
- 1.1 How tides manifest
2 Why tides are possible
- 2.1 Is climax always guilty at high tide?
3 How to endure the unpleasant manifestations of menopause
- 3.1 What determines the duration of the attack
About the concept of "tides"
Manage processes in the body to a large extent sex hormones. At about the age of 45, their volume begins to fluctuate, with a tendency to decrease. For most systems and organs, this turns out to be stress, which is expressed by many signs.
Tides are only one of them, but several brain regions, the cardiovascular system, blood, and sweat glands are involved in it.
The medicine cannot yet clearly describe the mechanism of their occurrence. It is determined that due to a decrease in the amount of estrogen and progesterone, such hated tides appear. The hypothalamus in this period sometimes perceives a normal body temperature of 36.6 degrees, as elevated. The gland gives a signal about this to the rest of the related organs, which causes all the intrinsic symptoms.
How tides manifest
Menopause makes it more likely the development of many diseases. In principle, it is possible to pick up a malaise at any age, but this transitional period increases the risks.
Hot flashes are not a disease, but sometimes you may need help. And most importantly, this manifestation of menopause depends on many circumstances. Therefore, if you try to avoid provoking factors, you can reduce its intensity.
Symptoms of an unpleasant phenomenon in menopause have quite characteristic features:
- Before the onset of an attack, noises, ringing, and hum in the ears can be felt. Some women claim to feel the onset of an attack in advance. But for others, it turns out to be completely sudden, takes them by surprise;
- The upper level of the body (head, neck, shoulders, chest) from the inside as if doused with boiling water. The skin turns red, it becomes wet from instant sweat and hot;
- The heart accelerates its rhythm, nausea, dizziness, pain in the back of the head and forehead, weakness, trembling of the body may occur. Some hot flashes are so strong that they provoke fainting. And headaches take on the nature of migraines;
- There is a sudden and inexplicable fear, even panic, accompanied by a feeling of lack of air;
- The temperature rises for a short period of time, then it quickly normalizes, leaving sweat all over the body. Due to profuse sweating at the end of an attack, chills, weakness, emptiness, and muscle pain appear. Fluid from the pores of the skin goes so much that a woman has to change clothes.
Worst of all women feel at night. This makes it difficult to fall asleep, leads to an interruption of rest, forcing you to get up, take a shower, change clothes and even change bedding.
Why tides are possible
The main reason for the unpleasant signals of the body is hormonal changes, which pull the restructuring of the systems as a whole.
The metabolic processes related to the absorption of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, as well as the production of other substances necessary for the tissues are violated. This prevents the usual work of the heart, blood vessels, nervous system, hypothalamus, responsible for sleep, appetite, mood. To provoke hot flashes can also:
- Stress. Even more disrupting the nervous system, they increase the changes in the functions of the hypothalamus. Stress includes not only negative emotions, but also too vigorous positive ones;
- Medication. Some of the drugs can affect hormonal status. In particular, strong antibiotics, antidepressants or agents used in the treatment of tumor diseases. Tamoxifen, which is prescribed for neoplasms in the mammary gland, is known for causing tides;
- Lifestyle with excessive amounts of fatty, spicy foods, alcohol, coffee. All this adversely affects the heart, brain, hormone balance. Such food and drinks excite the nervous system, which is already inflated. They create fertile ground for vascular spasms, which play not the last role in the change of state;
- Too tight, out of season clothes. This is especially true of linen, which is directly adjacent to the body. Synthetics, tissue cutting into the skin, pinch the vessels, cause irritation. A psycho-emotional factor is very important in the mechanism of the appearance of tides;
- Frequent stay in the heat, in the heat. This is also a favorable condition for the development of vascular spasm, a sharp increase in temperature. It is not only about the baths, sitting by the fireplace, but also the refusal to ventilate the room, to be in the fresh air;
- Excessive sugar in the diet. Carbohydrates are energy. If there is an excess of it in the body, it is easier to overheat than that of those who eat rationally. Digestion and assimilation of carbohydrates is a load on the pancreas, an unnecessary intrusion into metabolic processes, which are already disturbed due to the deficiency of hormones.
Is climax always guilty at high tide?
Sometimes this first sign of the beginning of change is not associated with it. Causes of hot flashes in women, other than menopause:
Ovarian cyst is one of the causes of hot flashes in women
Diabetes. Malaise is caused by inadequate pancreatic function, that is, it is also hormonal. The inability of the body to produce or perceive insulin provokes other disorders in the sphere of these substances. In this case, an inadequate reaction occurs through the fault of diabetes and is characterized by increased perspiration;
- Hyperfunction of the thyroid gland. Excess hormones produced by it, leads to excessive sweating, heart palpitations, disturbances at the psycho-emotional level, insomnia, weakness, attacks of suffocation. Women with a similar diagnosis do not tolerate heat well;
- Malignant neoplasm of the stomach or intestines. When they feel the heat can spread throughout the body, and not affect only the upper part of it. This is due to an excess of serotonin, which is possible with the tumors mentioned;
- Pheochromocytoma. A hormone-dependent tumor, localized on the adrenal glands or elsewhere, synthesizes a large amount of catecholamines, which causes the appearance of attacks similar to tides. There is panic fear, increased sweating, tachycardia, nausea, pain in the chest and head. But the skin of the face, unlike the climacteric symptom, does not redden, but, on the contrary, becomes paler. After a similar attack, which can last much longer than the usual tide, the woman has an acute need to urinate;
- Ovarian cyst. There are different types of them, but the general is that the neoplasms are accompanied by hormonal disorders. And because all the signs of restructuring, if there is a cyst on the ovary, will be more pronounced. And besides, she is worried about abdominal pain and discharge from the blood.
It is not in vain that physicians convince premenopausal women not to refuse to regularly visit doctors. Immunity at this age stage decreases with the concentration of hormones. And sometimes the state of a woman has to be investigated not only by the gynecologist, but also by an oncologist, an endocrinologist, a functional diagnostics doctor.
If the diagnosis is made before the onset of menopause, correcting it with medication means, including reducing the number and intensity of vasomotor manifestations.
We recommend reading the article about other symptoms of menopause in women. You will learn about the extinction of the reproductive function of the female body, pain syndrome, the causes of dry mucous membranes, the need for treatment.
How to endure the unpleasant manifestations of menopause
Considering the problems that the described syndrome brings, many women would like to know how long the restructuring of the body lasts. Naturally, they would like these torments to end as soon as possible.
In calculating the time during which the tides are fixed, there are two nuances:
- The duration of each attack. It can be from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. Rarely lasts an hour, but it already forces you to see a doctor immediately;
- How many years a woman feels the symptoms. It is very individual. Tides are considered the primary sign of the beginning of changes in the body. They come at the initial stage, when ovarian function has not yet died away, and menstruation is rare, but there are. Some tides are reminded of themselves and 2-3 years after the final menstruation. And someone has to endure them longer. But the latter happens in rare cases.
What determines the duration of the attack
How many hot flashes during menopause, is determined by many lifestyle-dependent circumstances:
- For owners of excess weight, they are shorter than those of thin. This does not mean that you need to strive to replenish, as the excess fat provokes other reasons for the increase in the number and strength of the attacks, as well as their duration:
- Women smoking syndrome suffers longer, they differ in greater intensity. This is caused by changes in blood vessels that are unavoidable with regular inhalation of tobacco tar;
- For those who suffer from hypertension, the described manifestation of menopause occurs more often and lasts longer. At the same time, hot flashes in the absence of therapy can trigger the onset of the disease. After all, when they are subjected to increased pressure vessels, the elasticity of their walls is lost;
- Lovers of high physical exertion also have to endure heavier, frequent, and long-term tides. Movement in the menopause is necessary, but it is necessary to commensurate the activity with the capabilities of the body. The heart, vessels and muscles that have been overloaded, signal the brain, and therefore the hypothalamus.
On the beginning of menopause, many women learn from medical literature, from older friends. And making sure that this is an inevitable sign of aging of the body, they stoically tolerate it.