Nature has given a woman the opportunity to become a mother, but also many of the dangers associated with her. These are gynecological diseases, some of which affect the main organ - the uterus. The most common of these are endometritis and endometriosis. Because of consonance, these concepts are often confused, replacing one with another. So what is endometritis and endometriosis, what is the difference between them, and is there anyway? Indeed, in both cases, the uterus mucosa is affected.
- 1 Signs and symptoms of endometritis
- 2 Signs and symptoms of endometriosis
- 3 Diagnosis of gynecological diseases
- 4 Why diseases are confused
- 5 Ways to treat endometritis, endometriosis
Signs and symptoms of endometritis
Healthy mucous coating of the inner walls of the uterus does not tolerate the presence of bacteria. If any microorganisms appear on it, the endometrium becomes inflamed. This layer is the first in their path, and therefore undergoes changes more often than others associated with a violation of the sterility of the organ cavity. Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the uterus and is called endometritis.
It can flare up in acute form, then its presence is evident from the following features:
- pain in the lower abdominal segment, extending into different areas of the pelvis;
- fever up to 39 degrees, chills;
- enhancement of the secretory abilities of the genital organs, and the discharge becomes red or brown, possible purulent inclusions;
- changes in the characteristics of menstruation, at which they become more intense or, on the contrary, poorer;
- fatigue, nausea, emotional depression.
The uterus with endometritis is enlarged, with its examination the pain in the abdomen increases. In the blood, the volume of leukocytes and ESR changes. The disease may exist in a latent form, that is, its symptoms are the same, but less noticeable.
A characteristic feature is a violation of the cycle. It shifts, there is a discharge with blood between the months.
Signs and symptoms of endometriosis
Endometriosis has a different nature, peculiarities. To start it is not necessary the presence of pathogenic bacteria. The incorrectness of the development of the uterine mucosa is not in violation of the flora, but in that it grows excessively, capturing a space that should not belong to it.
Pathology has the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain, the prevalence of which depends on the location of the overgrown mucous membrane;
- menstrual dysfunction, that is, changes in the schedule of menstruation, beginning with daubs, similar completion, soreness, excessive profusion
- decreased libido, discomfort during sexual intercourse;
- negative changes in the work of neighboring organs affected by the disease (frequent and painful urination, constipation, defecation with blood).
- weakness, unstable emotional state.
Pain syndrome is more acute with the development of pathology. At the initial stage, it can only indicate changes in the characteristics of the monthly. In general, while the foci of endometriosis are small, its presence is difficult to suspect.
Diagnosis of gynecological diseases
What distinguishes endometritis from endometriosis is the way to accurately diagnose each of the diseases. Inflammation of the uterine mucosa is noticeable during a gynecological examination. But for the final verdict, they also appoint:
- blood test, which is detected leukocytosis;
- bacterioscopic examination of smears to know the causative agent of infection;
- Ultrasound to determine the size of the uterus and the thickness of the endometrium;
- hysteroscopy, necessary for chronic endometritis to identify structural changes in the mucous membrane and taking scrapings for histology.
Endometriosis is almost never diagnosed only by the results of a survey and examination. We always need hardware and laboratory tests:
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs, informative for all forms of the disease;
- laparoscopy, which allows to see the proliferation of the endometrium in the abdominal cavity;
- colposcopy and hysterosalpingoscopy to determine the localization of endometrial cells and taking tissues for examination;
- CT or MRI, which give an idea of the nature and prevalence of pathology;
- hysteroscopy during germination of mucosal cells in the thickness of the uterus without affecting other organs;
- a blood test for the presence and volume of certain substances that quantitatively increase in pathology.
Why diseases are confused
Despite the obvious differences, endometritis and endometriosis have much in common:
- both pathologies affect the inner lining of the uterus;
- symptoms relate to menstrual dysfunction;
- effects may be associated with the formation of adhesions, infertility, contribute to the development of cancer;
- the balance of sex hormones can change in both cases;
- pathologies disrupt the work of the nervous system and the emotional state of the patient.
There are some commonalities in the causes of the development of ailments:
- Endometritis develops due to infection in the uterine cavity. It occurs after childbirth, diagnostic manipulations that occur inside the body, as a result of an abortion or infection during sexual contact.
- Exactly responsible for the appearance of endometriosis, science does not so confidently indicate. But all the above circumstances can be provoking in its occurrence. And the first signs are often found after an abortion or dysfunctional childbirth. The mechanism of development of the pathology is different, but the same events can directly push the appearance of mucosal cells outside the uterus, which are directly causes of its inflammation.
We recommend reading the article on the difference between endometriosis and adenomyosis. From it you will learn about the features of diseases, the causes of their development, the characteristic symptoms and methods of treatment.
Ways to treat endometritis, endometriosis
Therapy for both problems will naturally vary. This is primarily due to the difference in the origin of pathologies, their root causes.
With endometritis, an infection is always present. There are many variants of pathogens, but all are susceptible to antibiotics. It can be:
Obligatory restoring immunity "Viferon" or "Immunal", painkillers "No-shpa" or "Platyfillin." To improve the metabolic processes in tissues, “Mezim-forte” or “Wobenzym” is prescribed, and puffiness is removed by “Tavegyl” or “Suprastinom”. As a rehabilitation therapy, use "Longidase", "Aloe", anti-inflammatory candles "Diclofenac" or "Indomethacin". Supplement it with electrophoresis, ultrasound, taking vitamins. The completed course is enough to eliminate the disease without consequences and the risk of its transition to chronic.
Endometritis and endometriosis treatment have different not only in the list of drugs and methods, but also in results. The second pathology does not give up so easily. In most cases, it turns out to reduce foci, reduce symptoms. To do this, use several possibilities:
|Treatment method||How is the|
|Medicines||These are mainly hormonal drugs that reduce the concentration and effect of estrogen. There are several groups of such agents: progestogens (“Duphaston”, “Byzanna”), GnRH agonists (“Zoladex”, “Buserelin”), derivatives of testosterone (“Gestrinon”, “Danazol”), KOK (“Yarin”, “Zhanin” ). Also shown are the painkillers "Novigan", "Papaverin", as well as stimulating the immunity "Cycloferon", vitamins.|
|Surgery||It is used in the absence of the effect of conservative therapy. Endometriosis lesions are removed by laser, electrocoagulation, ultrasound, access is carried out laparoscopically, laparotomically, through the vagina.|
When endometriosis and endometritis are compared, the difference in pathologies is obviously more pronounced than similarity. But both diseases require accurate diagnosis and immediate treatment. Endometriosis, like endometritis, is not tolerated in this initiative. Therefore, it is important to regularly return to the doctor and fulfill all appointments in the return of gynecological health.
And among the preventive measures there are similarities. Attention to lifestyle, proper nutrition, non-interference in the natural functions of the reproductive system, as well as protected sex can reduce the risk of getting sick to a minimum.