The mucosa of the inner surface of the uterus regularly transfers the processes of dying and regeneration. The latter sometimes becomes painful in nature: the shell is abnormally enlarged in size, cysts are formed in it. Glandular cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium is born, even teenagers and women of preretirement age will recognize what it is.
1 How the hyperplastic process is formed
- 1.1 Simple form
- 1.2 Focal form
- 2 Passive and active types of the disease
3 Methods for the elimination of hyperplasia
- 3.1 Surgery
- 4 Is it possible to get rid of hyperplasia, and what is it terrible
How the hyperplastic process is formed
Endometrium consists of two parts. Obvious periodic changes concern only the functional. It is he who, obeying the influence of hormones, is rejected every month. In the appearance of its new cells, a germ layer is involved, which has an almost constant composition of tissues.
The functional part consists of an abundance of blood vessels, glands and stroma. If the balance of hormones is healthy and the tissues react to it correctly, their renewal is natural. Failure in any of these areas leads to the fact that mucous structures multiply uncontrollably with the formation of cavities. This is glandular cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium, women of different ages have a chance to learn about what it is.
Education, arising from illness, are benign.
Hyperplasia develops with a simple glandular form. This is an anomalous growth of individual components of the mucous with simultaneous expansion of their size. There are no pathological disorders in the glands, although their cells may have different configurations and location. The separation of the functional and basal layers is already indistinct, but the uterine mucosa and its muscular part have borders.
Simple glandular cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium is the next step in the existence of pathology. It differs from its predecessor in the formation of cavities from the corresponding organ cells. They are filled with a liquid, part of which are the sex hormones estrogen. Substances are present in excess, which provokes the inability of the endometrium to perceive them.
Cystic hyperplasia increases the load on other tissues, causing pain. Cavities may burst, spilling liquid. This causes an increase in physiological secretions. not only for menstruation.
Iron cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium is able to exist not in the full area of the uterine mucosa, but in separate areas. This is a focal form of pathology, in which the thickenings are where they exist and are normal (bottom and corners of the organ). Their nature is different from healthy, it is characteristic of excessive reproduction of glands with the formation of polyps. Other fabrics may remain as they were.
Focal simple glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium occurs outside the bottom and corners of the uterus, and in its other departments. There, too, polyps grow from the stromal and glandular layers, affecting the tissues under them. Their components are the pieces of the endometrium that did not come out during menstruation and did not reach a mature level of development. The size of the bulges in which they are collected, is up to 6 cm.
Polyps have a leg, are in the singular or group. They are fibrous and glandular cells. The outer layer of the formations is shiny and smooth, but can become uneven, ulcerated due to poor blood supply and regular rejection.
Passive and active types of the disease
The processes occurring in hyperplasia, occur at different speeds. This determines another way of dividing the disease. If the passive form does not give sharply expressed signs, then active endometrial hyperplasia has an obvious character.
It occurs on the background of a high concentration of estrogens, which causes a bright symptoms:
- Abundant menstrual and intermenstrual bleeding. The volume of the excreted tissue increases, since the thickness of the replaced endometrium has greatly increased. Their detachment is uneven, which causes the appearance of discharge outside the critical period;
- Increased pain in menstruation. The spasms are caused by an abundance of rejected tissues and an excess of the number of uterine contractions caused by the desire to get rid of them;
- The duration of menstruation. The symptom is also due to the increased volume of dead tissue of the mucous membrane of the uterus.
Methods for the elimination of hyperplasia
Glandular cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium treatment dictates depending on the degree of its development. At the initial hormonal therapy will help, because the determining background of the pathology is an excess of estrogen. The gynecologist has several options for appointments:
- KOK (Janine, Yarina, Diane 35). Medicines contain a combination of sex hormones, which allows you to stabilize the general background, to normalize menstrual function;
- Progestins (Duphaston, Norkolut). Substances reduce the activity and concentration of estrogen, counteracting the abnormal growth of the endometrium;
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (Buserelin, Goserelin). They also reduce the production of estrogen by temporarily ceasing the functioning of the sex glands;
- Inhibitors of FSH and LH (Danazol, Gestrinone). By reducing the production of these substances, they also affect the amount of estrogen.
Simultaneously with the listed remedies, hemostatic agents (Ditsinon, Vikasol) may be necessary, vitamin complexes are obligatory.
Glandular cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium (active form) treatment forces and surgical. Instant cell division, leading to intense bleeding, threatening with degeneration, leaves no choice but to remove abnormally overgrown tissues:
- Scraping using hysteroscopy;
- "Unscrewing" polyps and cauterizing their bed;
- Ablation, that is, the elimination of the entire endometrium without the possibility of the return of its normal functions;
- Removal of the uterus.
In each case, after the operation, the use of hormones is also shown to the woman.
We recommend to read an article about menstruation with hyperplasia. You will learn about the causes of the disease, its effect on the menstrual cycle and the nature of the discharge, the body's work after curettage.
Is it possible to get rid of hyperplasia, and what is it terrible
Glandular cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium has a favorable prognosis in most cases. Caused at an early stage, malaise is amenable to treatment, the return of the normal properties of the reproductive system.
If the disease takes an active form when the woman ignores the initial signs, the prognosis may include the development of anemia, as well as atypical cells in the mucous covering of the uterus.
Glandular cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium lets you know what it is, menstrual disorders. Therefore, with due attention everyone has the opportunity not to reach a dangerous point.